Encocam is committed to ensuring the health and safety of our employees at work, and others who may be affected by our activities, by providing a secure work environment and ensuring that all significant risks are assessed and effectively managed using principles proportionate to risk with a prioritisation approach.
We will comply with all legal requirements and aim to continually improve our health and safety performance through our Health & Safety Management System.
All employees and those working on behalf of the company have a responsibility for the safety of themselves and others who might be affected by their actions, with overall accountability for safety recognised as a prime responsibility for all those who manage and supervise.
Working alongside the Operational Divisions, Senior Management Team, departmental leaders and additional Group Support functions will set the standards to ensure so far as reasonably practicable that the Operational Companies:
- We shall try to ensure that our operations do not cause death, injury, ill health, or material damage. To achieve this we believe that a structured management system is essential and have committed to introduce Occupational Health and Safety Management System ISO 45001:2018.
- Will pro-actively action to prevent injury or ill health to employees and others who may be affected by activities that they or others undertake by actively managing risk.
- Actively manage accident investigation and response, ensuring remedial action is taken to address immediate and root cause issues.
- Copies of this policy shall also be made available to other interested parties upon request.
- Ensure Compliance as an absolute minimum with all applicable health and safety legal standard and other identified risk management requirements.
- Provide suitable and sufficient information, instruction, supervision and training to employees in accordance with specified standard.
- Ensure continuous improvement in health and safety performance.
- This Policy is reviewed annually as part of the management review process, which is also the forum for setting and reviewing OH&S objectives. The policy shall also be reviewed where there are significant changes affecting health and safety.